NARS National 2023
On April 24-28th, 2023, CTIC is cordinating the National Aquatic Resource Surveys (NARS) National Workshop under a Cooperative Agreement with EPA’s NARS program.
NARS is a collaborative program between EPA, states and tribes designed to assess the quality of the nation's coastal waters, lakes and reservoirs, rivers and streams, and wetlands using a statistical survey design. The workshop covered topics relevant to all four waterbody types and the NARS program generally.
For the NARS workshop being held in conjunction with the National Monitoring Conference in Virginia Beach, we are planning to have a get-together on Monday evening (~5 -8 PM ET) and sessions Wednesday afternoon (12:30 – 2:00 PM) and Friday morning (8:00 AM- 1:00 PM).
Although the agenda is still being developed, we are considering topics such as:
- programmatic resiliency amid resource challenges and staff turn-over
- how/what changes should be considered for NARS in the future (indicators, analyses, tools, etc.)
- how to facilitate new NARS partnerships
- new approaches for communicating findings
- training on tools related to design/population estimates etc.