Happy New Year from your friends at CTIC!
Here are some updates and reminders as the new year gets underway.
Don't forget to renew your membership
Have you checked your mailbox for CTIC’s annual membership renewal notice? Renewing your membership helps us continue to make a difference in conservation agriculture and helps us continue to grow our organization.
CTIC members play a critical role in spreading the message about how conservation practices can help improve soil and water quality, boost profitability and more. We couldn’t do it without you!
As a CTIC member, you:
- Network with leaders in conservation and agriculture
- Collaborate on projects that encourage and steer conservation efforts
- Access the latest research and information
- Gain national recognition for your support of agricultural conservation.
- Have recognition on CTIC's web page
- Receive a one-year subscription to Conservation in Action Partners and Member Mail
To renew your membership, please email Crystal Hatfield at email@example.com or call 765-494-9555.
And while you're thinking about it, help our conservation community grow by telling your friends and colleagues in conservation agriculture about all of the benefits that come with becoming a CTIC member!
Reflecting on 2017
What a year! Reflecting back on 2017 makes us grateful for members like you because you helped make it possible. Here are some of the highlights:
- Our 2017 Conservation Action Tour drew nearly 200 people from across the country. The tour took place right here in West Lafayette, Indiana and we visited four different farms who are championing conservation agriculture. Thank you to everyone who attended from near and far and who helped support the tour.
- We continued to provide technical and educational support across the country through workshops and meetings that brought together farmers, researchers, regulators and policymakers.
- We continued to curate information and track trends in conservation agriculture through projects and surveys, such as our annual cover crop survey and our Let's Do the Math: Economic, Agronomic and Environmental Benefits of Cover Crops project.
…and looking forward to 2018!
We’re excited to continue supporting conservation agriculture in 2018 with your help. Here is what we are looking forward to (so far):
- Launching a brand new website and a modified logo. Our new website will have a sleek, fresh new look and retrieving information about conservation agriculture will be easier than ever.
- Our 2018 Conservation in Action Tour will be held in the Maryland/Washington D.C. area this summer. Plans are already underway, and we’re thrilled to share more information with you in the coming months.
- Working with USDA on a project to highlight successful strategies for organizing local watershed protection efforts that engage local stakeholders and effectively communicate how agriculture is actively addressing water quality concerns.
- Helping farmers and members of the supply chain document how they are sustainably providing commodities to downstream partners and how farming more sustainably can have a positive impact on the farmer’s bottom line.
- Working with partners to implement a remote sensing project that can help to estimate crop residue amounts and cover crop acreage using satellite photos and publically available data. This is the next generation of our traditional Crop Residue Management (CRM) survey.
- Working with beekeepers and farmers to improve pollinator habitat options and overall pollinator health by using best practices on the farms and in the hives.
Make it your New Year's resolution to get involved at CTIC
Whether it's collaborating on a project, joining a committee or just starting a conversation about your own conservation goals, we want to hear from you. Contact our Executive Director Chad Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 765-494-9555.
Make sure you check us out on Facebook and Twitter! We look forward to working with you this year.